Sunday, February 15, 2015

What's new--Harold the Bear?

Harold the Library Bear makes his triumphant return!
Hedgesville, WV – After a long hiatus while he settled into his new position at the new Hedgesville Public Library building, Harold the Library Bear has announced that he will be resuming his weekly duties as the Voice of the Library.

“It’s been a long time,” Harold said, “Between running last year’s summer reading program and supervising the move into our new building, I’ve been swamped!”“But that’s the price I pay for being the official Library Bear,” Harold continued. “I’m very much in demand.”

When asked what he’d been up to the last few months, Harold had good news.

“I’ve had a great time getting everything just right in my new library,” he said, “and the staff that works out here is great! They’re always giving me new clothes to wear. I’ve gotten so many new outfits, I don’t have room in my closet!”

“Plus,” he added, “I’ve met so many new boys and girls since we moved, and I get to play with them every day!”

“But Friday is my favorite day,” Harold decided. “Friday morning at 10:30 is when we have our preschool story time, and I usually end up as a chair for the boys and girls while they hear a story! I can’t wait to see them all again!”


-Harold the Library Bear is a bear, so he doesn’t have a phone, but you can leave him a message at (304)-754-3949 or you can meet him Monday-Saturday in the Children’s Department of the new Hedgesville Public Library. His column appears every week on the Martinsburg-Berkeley County Public Libraries blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment