Monday, February 9, 2015

What's new--Harold the Bear?

Fun-loving Library Bear seeks Amiable Companion Bear
Hedgesville, WV – I walked into the Hedgesville Public Library this week and was surprised
to see Harold the Library Bear sitting in his favorite rocking chair, with a sad look.

“I’m spending another Valentine’s Day by myself,” Harold told me when I asked him what troubled him. “I have lots of friends at the library - Olaf, Batman, Freddie the Frog, and the Puppet family of course, but sometimes I feel like I’d really like to share my days with another bear.”

When asked what he looks for in the perfect bear, Harold gave me the following description:
“My perfect bear is a lot like me! She’s tall (for a bear), beautiful, and loves reading and playing with kids. She likes long walks on the beach, dinner by the fireside, and getting caught in the rain (with an umbrella!). It also wouldn’t hurt if she’s always wanted to live at a library!”

When I pointed out that this might be a little much to ask, Harold wasn’t so sure.

“How hard could it be to find a 5-foot tall stuffed lady bear that likes to read?” he asked with an air of incredulity.
I’m sure she must be out there!”

-Do you, or someone you know, have an idea for where Harold might be able to find his perfect bear? Does Harold’s perfect bear live with you but is looking for a new home? Help Harold’s dream come true by calling the Hedgesville Public Library at (304)-754-3949 with any leads!
Wait, there’s a BEAR in the library?!

 
 





Who is Harold the Library Bear?


Harold the Library Bear moved into the Naylor Memorial Library late one night several years ago. The staff (pictured left) was quite surprised when they found him the next morning, but after seeing his love for books decided that he could stay, provided he help with the cleaning and did his own laundry. Today, Harold can be found in his favorite rocking chair in the Children’s Department at the new Hedgesville Public Library on 207 N. Mary St.

No comments:

Post a Comment