Sunday, February 22, 2015

What's new Harold the Bear February 22, 2015




Concept picture of library snow fort. Not pictured:  Library Bear hiding inside

Harold the Library Bear prepares for EPIC SNOWBALL FIGHT!
Hedgesville, WV – I walked into the Hedgesville Public Library this morning and was surprised to see Harold the Library Bear standing over a pile of ice cubes he had poured on the carpet in the Children’s Department.
When I asked him what was going on, he said, “I’m building an ice fort of course!”
He further elaborated: “There’s a big snowball fight here at the library on Saturday February 28th at 11, so I’m getting ready now! I need a fort to protect myself!”
A snowball fight in the library? It sounded hard to believe, but after talking with the Hedgesville Library staff, everything started to make sense. They said that they are indeed planning a snowball fight, but not like the one Harold was expecting.
“It’s a special kind of snowball fight?” Harold asked, disbelieving. “An indoor snowball fight with soft snowballs that don’t make people wet or cold?”
 “Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,” he added, after a moment. “I guess that makes more sense. I was wondering how the books would stay dry, plus I was worried someone might get hurt! These soft, pretend snowballs are much better.”

“Of course,” he added, “I’m still going to win, even with pretend snowballs! Most people don’t know it, but out of all the forest animals, bears are the best snowball fighters!

-Harold the Library Bear is a bear, so he doesn’t have a phone, but you can leave him a message at (304)-754-3949 or you can meet him Monday-Saturday in the Children’s Department of the new Hedgesville Public Library. His column appears every week on the Martinsburg-Berkeley County Public Libraries blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment