Monday, March 30, 2015

Customers in the computer room





Are you that customer?





I take a deep breath coffee in hand; it was all going to be okay. Sure, I could not sleep the night before and then my alarm clock decided it did not want to go off that morning. Then of course, there was traffic because I was running late, but it would all be okay. I made it. I will get through work and it will all be fine.
Then That Guy shows up. Everyone knows That Guy, the one who shows up with a cellphone on his shoulder who cannot keep his voice down to a non-earsplitting level. That guy who wears shoes so shiny that mirror can see its own reflection and never pays the parking meter.
It would be fine. Just breathe. Maybe he wouldn’t be that bad… or maybe I was dreaming.
That Guy did not possess a library card, much too bothered just to get one. Instead having to put him on manually, he snips at the very fact I have to see an ID. Then when I give him his computer number he snatches his ID back so quickly that he practically burned my fingers with the friction. Then when he gets to the computer, I somehow messed up because logging in is not quick enough for him. When it finally comes on, something is still my fault because he cannot find the ‘Continue’ button on the top right corner of the ‘Terms and Services’ page.
After finally getting on the computer after it finished starting up, he’s on his phone talking so loudly as he surfs the web that everyone in the room is sneaking glances his way wondering if he’ll take the hint and quiet down. He doesn’t.
I say something the first time; he waves me off as a substitute to a meaningful apology.  I confront him a second time, now he’s on the verge of cussing at me with a deep inset glare in my general direction. A third and final time with a warning about our policies, he finally puts the phone away with a deep scowl on his face. He would literally be growling at me if he weren’t afraid of being kicked out.
That Guy finishes off by going to websites that are most definitely against our terms and services of the computer room and then screams at me when I kick him off the computer.
Girls can be That Guy too.

Please don’t be that guy. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment